When it comes to disposing a junk car, there are three options:
1. You could list your junk auto on classified site like Craigslist.com or similar site
2. Search for a junk car removal service on the internet or in yellow pages
3. Just leave it and enjoy how it looks
You may ask, “what if I don’t have the time or patience or both to get it listed on Craigslist?” Well that takes us to option 2.You would have to find a junk car removal service. This is where things can get tricky.
A junk auto removal service operates on the junk car buyers premise that once your junk car is removed, you lose any right over the car. It becomes the ownership of the junk car removal company. The car is then towed to junk car sites where it is dismantled and its parts sold off. If it is in such unrepairable state, the metal is scraped off and then sold.
You may be wondering, “Ok, so what’s the whole point?” The point is you are losing out either way.Yes, you lose cash. You have been cheated of your share of profits. Some customers may walk away thinking “finally, I got rid of that junk” but you also lost out on money that actually belongs to you.
So what do you do before you get your junk car towed? Ask questions
1. Will I be paid for having my junk auto towed away?
2. Will I be charged to get my junk vehicle towed?
3. How long would it take to remove my junk auto?
4. Must I be there before my junk auto can be towed?
If your answers to these questions are
3) 24-48 hours
Then you have a great service and should work with them. In addition to these questions, you should take an extra step to verify the vendor with your local BBB (Better Business Bureau) to see if there are any consumer complaints with this company. You can also Google “vendor’s name + complaints”. This is to ensure you are working with a reputable service, and in case, there are complaints about this service company….well you have been forewarned.
Leave a Reply