The article tells you the constructional features of air cooler, the controls such a cooler has, the advantages and the disadvantages of such coolers. Such coolers are different fro the swamp coolers and article will describe differences between the two.
Small Size Evaporative Coolers
Portable air coolers are evaporative air cooler with a throw of 8 to 10 feet. In some countries, the coolers have been developed with a throw of up to 30 feet, but such coolers suffer a major disadvantage of being very noisy since they have exhaust fans as air blowers in them as the moving machine for air movement.
Constructional Features of Personal Coolers
Constructional features of personal coolers are similar to the swamp coolers. There is a container holding everything, the air fan, the water pump, the container for water and the controls of the air cooler. In addition, there are castors for taking the cooler from place to place. Everything here is lightweight for easy portability. The water holding capacity of the cooler is smaller. It might be sufficient for 8 to 15 hours depending on humidity of atmosphere.
Some swamp coolers have control for maintaining the water level in the cooler basin. Since the coolers are by definition “portable”, they cannot be 冷風機香港 connected to water mains for controlling water level. Water addition is by manual method only. Some of the coolers are combined with dehumidifiers and sold as personal coolers. In fact, they are air conditioners. The air conditioners are costlier than personal air coolers.
Advantages Of Personal Coolers
There are many advantages of personal coolers. Personal air coolers are placed between fans and air conditioners in performance, cost, and operating expenses.
The advantages can be listed as,
1. The initial costs are low. The cost of $100 to 200 is within easy reach of everyone. The costs of air conditioners have come down in recent past but still it is out of reach of many household.
2. The operating costs are very less. The wattage input of 100 to 150 watts is about 5% to 15% of a 2000 to 3000 watt air conditioner. Electricity bills are negligible.
3. They are noiseless machines. A person can sleep peacefully with a personal cooler operating within 8 feet. Compared to this a noise from window air conditioner might be just a little too much to bear for some persons.
Disadvantages Of Personal Coolers
Disadvantages of personal coolers are,
1. You have no control over the temperature of air you receive from air coolers.
2. Some times the water consumption can be a factor in areas of water shortages.
3. If not cared for, the personal coolers may emit a foul smell. Some times this can be a health hazard.
Leave a Reply